. nailsapART: Red Velvet: Flocking Powder Manicure

Thursday 25 October 2012

Red Velvet: Flocking Powder Manicure

I've been meaning to try this for a while, DIY style (as you all probably know, there is a premium kit available, for the not insignificant price of £15.) So, I purchased some flocking powder from Goldleaf Craft Supplies on ebay and away I went...

Red Velvet Manicure

Firstly, I have to say that I'm impressed with how easy this was to do! It really did take me about 10 minutes from start to finish, and I didn't allow/need much drying time at all.

I used  Revlon Matte Suede in 'Ruby Ribbon' for the base colour. (a Poundland bargain! as I've mentioned in previous posts - hard to apply without streaks, but the colour match was perfect and it didn't matter under the flock.) I applied one coat, let it dry and then applied another and applied the powder while it was still wet - I did one nail at a time to make sure that the polish didn't dry too quickly for the powder to stick.


Flocking Powder Manicure

The verdict: I applied this last night, and I've worn it all day today. After showering and washing my hands many times  it is much more subdued and there are a few bald patches, plus the brightness really faded after I showered, it's now more of a dark maroon shade (I think the flock has lost it's pigmentation). As I couldn't apply my trusty coat of Seche Vite, there is tiny bit of tip wear after just a day as well (but do bear in mind that I'm not careful in the slightest with how I use my hands!) However, most of it is still there and I'm impressed that so much remains! I would definitely wear this again - as long as I wasn't looking for it to last more than 24 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment