. nailsapART: Change of Platform and Apologies...

Saturday 6 October 2012

Change of Platform and Apologies...

Just a quick update post to let you know that I've just transitioned my post from Wordpress to Blogger/blogspot. The reason behind this is that, as many of you may know, Google stopped all non (Google-owned) Blogger and Blogspot platforms from being able to use Google Friend Connect. They are suggesting that people now use a Google + button as an alternative.

My blogging platform of choice is Wordpress but after spending a lot of time looking at the nail blogging community, Google Friend Connect appears to be the following 'weapon of choice'. Therefore, not having this network on my blog is giving me a distinct disadvantage. My feelings towards Google aren't the warmest at the moment, and now I've had to spend a significant amount of time transferring everything across to a more restrictive platform, they are becoming increasingly cold. I can see their business sense in doing this, since their mission seems to be to have complete control of the web, but from a user point of view it's pretty bad.

So, here is my blog, powered by a different platform. I'm just so grateful that I don't have an established blog with thousands of lost followers due to Google's update.

Finally - apologies to anyone who commented on my previous blog, there is no way to easily transfer them across, so I've not deleted you - I really value every comment on my blog and I'm really sad to lose the comments I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment