. nailsapART: Blue and Silver Matte Nails

Sunday 28 October 2012

Blue and Silver Matte Nails

I've left it a few days before posting these nails, my reason being that it' freakishly similar to this post on Chalkboard nails - I was planning on posting it on 25th (as did Chalkboard nails) but I thought I'd hold back a few days.

Blue Saran Wrap Nail Art

I achieved the look by painting on 2 coats of Barry M 'Blueberry', followed by using the 'cling film method' to apply some silver over the top. I then finished it off with a coat of Rimmel Pro 'Matte Finish' - I'm loving the effect, it's quite discreet and makes the colour look more of a powder blue.

Blue and Silver Nail Art

I finished off with some rhinestones from Ebay which are a very appropriate colour, although I think I might have been better to apply some in a contrasting colour so they stand out more 

6 comments:

  1. This is so so pretty! the little rhinestones look like dew drops! Gorgeous!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this looks lovely. Since I don't have easy access to Barry M, I don't usually spend too much time looking at the polishes, but this is one that I've always been attracted to. Very pretty look--delicate and demure but not boring at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love my Barry M's - they are great and so reasonably priced! I'm so jealous of the amount of polishes you have in the US though - there seems to be so much more choice!! :)

      Delete
  3. I love how this turned out!! I think the cling/saran wrap method looks so good mattified!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I'll definitely be trying another variation of this again!

      Delete
  4. I love the matte topcoats out there but.....they don't last. They dent,scratch,chip and yellow real quick. I can make a reg mani last me at least 4 days of perfect or close it wear. If there was a gel or some sort of sealer that didn't change the matte quality but gave protection.... altho orly nails for males and the china glaze matte coat seem to have a less matte effect they do have a bit of "top coat effect" in that they're still a bit shiny so I suspect they'd hold up longer and might work as a topper over a matte coat. Also I use orly bonder as a basecoat everytime. Even if u have to do the bonder then base coat then polish its worth it. Ur nails simply will not chip for at least 3 days and if u use an acrylic primer liquid on u clean nailbeds first it makes ALL polish,glue,acrylic,wraps and such last waaaay longer. Also for ur problem with using a topcoat on sequins, look for a nail sealer or rhinestone sealer or look ur robin moses online and find out what she uses

    ReplyDelete