. nailsapART: Butterfly and Flower Nail Art Using Foils…

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Butterfly and Flower Nail Art Using Foils…

Today I’ve done some blue foil print nails. They aren’t the nail sticker type foils, they are actual strips of plastic covered with a patter that you can get if you’ve not seem them. Using adhesive you can transfer the design from the pattern onto the nail.

Blue Butterfly and Flower Nail Art


The base coat I used is a recently picked up bottle of Sally Hansen ‘Rose Wine’. I presume this is being discontinued or re-packaged as I managed to get a couple of bottles last week from Pound Land! I really like it – it’s lovely and smooth to apply and dries fast…
The foils used are purchased from ebay. Here is the link to the collection – I used ‘Midnight Blue Foil’. I’ve purchased these from this seller twice now and I’ll happily recommend them (I have no affiliation here at all, and even if I did, I would never recommend anything I wouldn’t purchase again). When you buy the foils it doesn’t look like you get a lot, but I’d imagine you would get 3 manicures (at least) from each design supplied. I also get a good few days wear out of them.
Butterfly and Flower Nail FoilsYou need to use special nail foil glue to stick them on and it needs leaving for around 6-8 minutes to allow it to get tacky enough. I’ve never tried it but apparently you can’t use Seche Vite over the nail foils as it makes them shrivel up. I did use a Sally Hansen ‘Hard as Wraps’ top coat instead, and then after it had dried I used a coat of Seche Vite to give it the ultra-shiny coat.

I do love the effect from the foils, although sometimes you do get gaps. It’s not completely apparent in the picture, but the sides of some of my nails are a bit too high.

No comments:

Post a Comment