. nailsapART: MUA Nail Constellation Review

Saturday 6 October 2012

MUA Nail Constellation Review

I was really excited to pick up a bottle of this as the colours they have are so lovely! I’m surprised that no other cosmetic companies have tried their own version of the famed ‘Fish Egg’ manicure.

MUA Nail Constellation Review

Price wise it’s very reasonable at only £3 per bottle (particularly when you compare that with Ciate’s Caviar manicure at a whooping £18 per bottle). You don’t get the polish included as you do with Ciate but MUA do a range of small polishes at £1 per bottle so the total price is only £4. I’d imagine that each bottle will do quite a few sets. The base colour I used is MUA Plum Noir.


MUA Nail Constellation Manicure


Nail Constellation comes in 5 different colours and I picked up ‘Leo’ but they are all very pretty – it was a difficult decision! Application was easy and you can see the MUA YouTube ‘how to’ video here… The video states that you can finish the nail with a top coat, however I tried initally with Sally Hansen ‘Hard as Wraps’ but it really ruined the colour and made it look a bit dull. I’d be interested to hear if anyone else has tried this with a different top coat and what success they had?

I’ve got some ‘fish-egg’ beads from ebay from Goldleaf craft supplies which were good quality and a similar price when you include postage. You get about twice the amount of beads as well. The one thing that I have preferred about MUA’s version is that the beads are much smaller – maybe even half the size, which makes the manicure look a lot ‘tidier’ in my opinion.

How does it wear? As I couldn't use top coat I found that the beads started coming loose pretty quickly. I only wore this for about half a day in the end and I’d lost quite a few. Again, if you can find a topcoat that will wear well with this product then you may have better luck!
Overall I’m happy with the result and I think it looks great, however I’d definitely recommend wearing it for a special occasion rather than expecting to get several days of wear out of it.
MUA Nail Constellation Leo Swatch

1 comment:

  1. Wow the Plum Noir and nail constellations look great together! I've actually posted about both of these products, I'd love it if you took a look! ;)
    Charlotte x

    http://www.looks2bloved.com/2013/06/mua-plum-noir-nail-polish-review.html

    http://www.looks2bloved.com/2013/04/mua-nail-constellations-review.html

    ReplyDelete