. nailsapART: Accessorize Nail Speckle: Bumble Bee

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Accessorize Nail Speckle: Bumble Bee

Today I'm wearing a new polish of mine from Accessorize's new range of speckle polishes.



I always see a lot of speckle polishes on American blogs but there isn't really anything like this on the market in the UK so I was keen to pick one up! The colour is 'Bumble Bee' and it's a lovely autumnal orange colour with speckles of  black - great for Halloween as well!

In these pictures I'm actually wearing it over a base of a clay orange/browny colour from Xtras. (Another bargain shop I love but can only frequent when I visit my mum in North Yorkshire, as they don't have any stores in the south.) The base colour  is a little darker than the Accessorize orange shade, but very similar. I found that when I applied two coats of Bumble Bee it was speckle overload, but I wanted to do 2 coats to make sure it was opaque. To be honest, you could probably get away with one coat of the Accessorize shade.

I used a couple of coats of Seche Vite to finish it off. Overall - I'm impressed - it's quite an impressive effect but not too 'in your face'. I'm keen to try some of the others in the range!


2 comments:

  1. I really like this! I agree, us Brits have a serious lack of speckled/indie looking polishes. The closest I've seen is by W7. Great swatch! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've been meaning to try some W7, will definitely post the results x

    ReplyDelete