. nailsapART: The Lazy 15: Tape Mani

Friday 2 November 2012

The Lazy 15: Tape Mani

Here is my first manicure for the Lazy 15, a great challenge set up by some of my fellow polishers across the pond! As it's my first challenge, I felt that this was perfect as it's not as intense as doing a mani every single day!

Purple Tape Nail Art


The first challenge is a tape mani. I've done several of these so I wanted to do something I've not done before. I have also been dying to use my purple glitter polish from Models Own, so this seemed to be an opportune time.

The colours used (from base to tip) are: Revlon 'Violet', Models Own 'Purple Haze' and MUA 'Shade 22'. The middle section was quite difficult to do as I had to tape off the top section which I'd done first, therefore I had to wait AGES for it to dry and even then I messed it up and had to start again. I ended up using my trust Seche Vite to speed things up... Also, as the glitter needed more than one layer to look good, and the fact that if I let it dry to apply other coats the tape removal would mess it up, I had to put it on REALLY thick. I was getting a bit concerned that I wouldn't be able to go to bed until 3 am and I would be sat waving my hands in the air... Luckily it didn't take as long as I thought.

Purple Tape Manicure

Overall I'm really pleased with the results, the glitter is still a bit sparse but it looks good and I love the colour combination. I can't wait to see what my fellow challengers have done!! You can see everyone else who has joined below!


3 comments: