. nailsapART: Red and White Water Marble - The Lazy Challenge #4

Friday 9 November 2012

Red and White Water Marble - The Lazy Challenge #4

Here is day #4 of the Lazy 15: Water Marble...

Red and White Water Marble



I've attempted a water marble before but found my results less than great so I've always abandoned it. This was no exception. I did this about 10 times (with lots of swearing involved) but in the end I had something I was semi-happy with. I used a base coat of Sally Hansen French White then marbled that combined with Technic 'Magenta'. The marble was finished off with a couple of coats of Seche Vite. I'm still not blown away with the result, at least compared to some that I've seen. However, I think this is the real beauty of doing a challenge - it definitely puts you out of your comfort zone!

I'm glad I persevered and I think the results looked much better in person than in the pictures - you should have seen some of my earlier results though ha ha!

6 comments:

  1. This is great so much better then anything i'd do :)

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful I love the red and white :)

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want to do red and white. I know its called magenta but it looks kind of red!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it's a lot more red than Magenta!! It is quite a good combo - might do some more red and white nails in future...

      Delete
  4. Oh dear, I feel your pain which is why I chose to skip this challenge after a couple attempts. Yea, i'm a big baby when it comes to doing water marbling. I think my biggest peeve is either I have to tape around all of my nails and have a little clean up or just dunk them in and have one heck of a mess. Neither of them are fun. I contest against water marbling challenges! Gr. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the clean up is a real pain but I think the most annoying part for me is finding colours that work well for marbling that actually go together! I think I wasted so much polish trying to get this right :)

      Delete