. nailsapART: Feather Nail Art!

Saturday 22 September 2012

Feather Nail Art!

I’ve seen a few examples of feather nails recently, and I think that done well, they are absolutely beautiful. My favourite example so far has been on Chloe’s nails.


I ended up using nail foil glue, which worked great. The link I’ve included is to the brand I have and, although it’s the only one I’ve used, I think it works well. The only thing to remember is that it takes a bit of time to become ‘tacky’. I leave it for around 6-8 minutes, too soon or too late and it won’t stick well… The brown colour, as pictured, is No7 ‘Beanie’ and underneath the feather I used No7 ‘So Simple’.

And the feathers? I’ve been planning on a trip to a craft store soon, but I actually picked this up at Poundland (you’ll soon come to realise my love of this shop). They were actually part of a feather ‘hair clip’ set, but they’ve done the job pretty well I think!

It looks much better in black and white I think. I made the mistake of using too much top coat, in too thick layers, so it’s got those air trapped bubbles at the end, which are more obvious in the colour image.

No comments:

Post a Comment