. nailsapART: Blue Striping Nail Art

Friday 21 September 2012

Blue Striping Nail Art

I've been absolutely drooling over some of the striping mani’s I've seen on Pintrest recently, so I was dying to try my own!


Blue Striping Nail Art

It’s my first attempt at using striping test and I'm quite happy with the overall result. I could have been a bit neater around the edges, and I didn't do the best clean up job for the photos but I love the effect!

The colours I used were Collection 2000 ‘Button Moon’ and ‘Blue Hawaii’ for the end colours, and Barry M's ‘Blueberry Ice Cream’ (as pictured).
I used striping tape I bought from Amazon which came in at a few quid so a bit of a bargain for 10 colours! Some of the reviews aren’t great, and I do agree that it lifts at the sides a little after wear, however, I think that snipping it a little short and using a generous amount of a good top coat might help in the future… I’m sure I’ll have plenty more striping tape mani’s coming up so keep an eye out!
Blue Gradient Nails

No comments:

Post a Comment