. nailsapART: Feminine Light Pink Glitter Nails with Revlon 'Sparkling'

Friday 1 March 2013

Feminine Light Pink Glitter Nails with Revlon 'Sparkling'

Today I decided to do something a bit more subtle so I've done some light pink glittery nails which I think look really quite cute.

Revlon Sparkling
I started with 2 coats of Rimmel's French Manicure colour in 'Rose Praline'. The colour itself is really nice - a light pink colour with a nice shimmer to it. I can't say I'm massively impressed with the application however. It was definitely not opaque after 2 coats and it was quite streaky. I managed to get away with 2 layers because I was putting on a couple of coats of glitter. Maybe it would be ok for a French manicure? I'll have to try it.

I then dabbed on (much better way to put on glitter rather than normal brushing which will drag it down to the end of the nail) 2 coats of Revlon's 'Sparkling' (261). This is a lovely polish. You'd need a lot of coats to provide full coverage (in fact, it's probably not really possible) but it looks great on. In fact, I've found a great blog post showing the coverage after 1, 2, 3 and 4 coats - you can take a look at Imagination in Colour here.

I finished the look off with a coat of Seche Vite.



1 comment: